Alto, GA 30510
The Trauma-Informed Therapist will provide trauma-informed counseling/therapeutic services to female offenders in custody who have experienced trauma related to domestic violence under the scope of the Returning Citizens Supportive Services Grant.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acts as a client advocate in order to provide required services to female offenders
- Counsels female offenders in individual and group sessions from a trauma-informed approach
- Monitors, evaluates, and records client progress according to measurable goals described in treatment and care plan
- Performs clinical assessments of the mental health needs of clients identified for services
- Conducts psychosocial assessments/evaluations to develop comprehensive case/service plans
- Collaborates within a multi-disciplinary framework to ensure effective services to female offenders
- Works closely with partnering organizations to ensure the effective delivery of supportive reentry services to female offenders within the community
- Supports the mission statement and ensures that services are provided with fidelity
- Performs other duties as assigned
Master s degree in social work, counseling, psychology and or a related field from an accredited college or university and state clinical licensure in field of study.
- Experience providing trauma informed services to females
- Exp erience working with diverse populations
- Experience working in a corrections environment