Social Services Case Manager
Decatur, GA 30030
- Maintain the frequency and quality of visits with children, fathers, mothers, and caretakers to ensure the safety, permanency and well-being needs are met for children in custody.
- Ensure foster care placements and/or living situations are stable and in the best interest of the children in care.
- Make concerted efforts to achieve permanency for children in a timely manner and that they are contained in the adoptions and Safe Family Act.
- Ensure that siblings in foster care are placed together unless a separation is necessary.
- Maintain child s connections to his or her neighborhood, community, faith, extended family, school and friends.
- Document case management activities within time frames established by policy.
- Utilize private vehicle for work related travel and duties, including transportation of children and families.
- May routinely serve after hour.
- Promote, support, and maintain a positive/nurturing relationship with children in care and their biological parents/caretakers by encouraging and facilitating interactions beyond visitation.
- Prepare and testify in court regarding child s permanency plan.
- Partner with children and parents in the development and utilization of the family functioning agreement, action plan, and family plan to achieve desired individual family-level outcomes.
- Complete genograms to identify available family support network.
- Identify the physical, educational, and mental/behavioral needs of children, parents, and foster parents and ensures identified need were effectively addressed.