Decatur, GA 30034
- Primary responsibility is to assist the CFO and Accounting Director with the year-end close-out process and year-end reporting.
- Read and interpret trial balance reports
- Review general ledger and subledgers entries and when needed develop journal vouchers for correcting errors
- Ensure all accounting policies are being followed in accordance to GAAP, federal and state guidelines.
- The selected candidate must be able to produce timely, relevant and accurate financial reports for the department and our attached agency.
- State of Georgia governmental accounting experience that demonstrates knowledge and understating of GAAP standards
- Experience reading trial balance reports
- Experience with fiscal year-end close-out
- Completion of a Bachelor s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university or completion of a bachelor s degree in a business curriculum from an accredited college or university which included completion of introductory and intermediate accounting sequence.
- Ten to fifteen years of professional accounting experience to include account reconciliations, preparing journal entries, identifying and implementing solutions to correct errors
- Five years or more of TeamWorks (Peoplesoft) Financials experience
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal communication skills