Decatur, GA 30033
The employee will perform receptionist duties. They will also perform a variety of clerical support processes and clerical duties, or a few specialized or essential clerical functions.
- Properly completes clerical processing of documents and transactions, and forwards or assigns to appropriate parties for further review or action, in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, guidelines and time frames.
- Completes follow-ups to determine status of documents and/or transactions forwarded to others for further review or action, as applicable and responds appropriately in the interests of assigned organizational unit, program or agency.
- Composes under own initiative or as directed (as applicable), documents such as reports, correspondence and memos, using sound judgment to develop appropriate, accurate, clear and concise content.
- Proofreads and edits documents for accuracy, clarity, format, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Appropriately copies, distributes, and files pertinent letters, memos, reports and other documents and materials.
- Uses independent judgment and knowledge of the organization or program area and its operations, policies and procedures to appropriately respond to questions, requests and needs.
- Monitors use of and maintains supplies, equipment and/or facilities for assigned work unit or program area.
- Monitors office supplies, equipment and/or facility maintenance needs adequately, on a timely basis.
- Orders supplies or equipment according to established policies and procedures and in a timely manner, to meet needs of assigned unit or program area.
- Prepares necessary documentation to obtain supplies, equipment and/or facilities maintenance services and forwards to appropriate personnel for signature or authorization.
- Establishes and/or maintains filing and record-keeping systems.
- Establishes and maintains organized, accessible and current systems in accordance with applicable standards, policies and procedures.
- Appropriately classifies, sorts, files, transfers, prepares for and/or retrieves correspondence, articles, records and other documents or materials as requested or required. ~Maintains confidentiality and security of information and materials according to established policies and procedures.
- Documents (e.G. Logs, posts, records, etc.) data/information such as organizational unit or program area work activity or productivity.
- Accurately and legibly logs, posts, records and/or documents necessary data/information, according to applicable policies, procedures and time frames.
- Maintains accurate, current data/information in appropriate format(s).
- Enters data according to prescribed format and procedures, properly coding data for entry as required.
- Investigates and corrects data that appears inconsistent or erroneous.
- Completes data entry accurately and in a timely manner.
- Manages data files according to established procedures (e.G., copy files, back-up files, move files).
- May use computer software (e.G., database, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics) as a tool for performing clerical assignments.
- May complete incidental typing assignments, such as typing routine documents, labels and addresses on envelopes.
- Effectively utilizes computer software as a tool to perform clerical assignments as applicable. Completes incidental typing assignments in an accurate and timely manner, according to applicable formats, guidelines and procedures
- Completes incidental typing assignments in an accurate and timely manner, according to applicable formats, guidelines and procedures.
- Completes processing of documents and/or transactions for assigned organizational unit, program area and/or specialized function/activity.
- Clearly and accurately communicates and conveys directives, assignments, instructions, messages and information from management or supervisory staff as directed.
- Demonstrates a significant understanding of program and/or organizational rules and regulations.
- Keeps supervisor or other appropriate staff adequately informed of problems, irregularities, issues and concerns pertaining to assigned function(s).
- Completes tasks and assignments associated with assigned function(s) in a timely manner and in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and guidelines.