Atlanta, GA 30329 US
The Principal Accountant for the Bond Fund is responsible for maintaining and booking all activity relating to the bond fund.
- Maintain and book all activity regarding the bond fund including the monthly spread of principal and interest payments received from mortgage payments across bond series accounts
- Move monies relating to interest accrued on investments
- Track balances in the accounts
- Coordinate with the loan administration and portfolio management to ensure accuracy of data and transactions
- Maintain the debt service module, including entering new bond deals, bond calls, and special redemptions into the system
- Prepare and maintain journal entries, reconciliations and other documents and records as per company policies and procedures
- Serve as backup for the Principal Accountant responsible for all investment accounting.
- Experience in governmental accounting, preferably with a state agency
- Experience utilizing AOD/Emphasys Accounting modules
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and Access)