Atlanta, GA 30312
- Observes and oversees the activities of swimmers: scans the water; enforces pool rules; maintains discipline at facility; takes preventive safety actions; performs and completes safety checks; rescues distressed swimmers; provides emergency first aid and CPR; performs other emergency life-saving services as needed.
- Maintains swimming pool and facility: monitors, regulates, and records pool chemical levels; monitors and regulates temperature of pool water; vacuums and skims pool; cleans deck areas, restrooms, locker rooms, walkways, and pool furniture; stocks paper goods; maintains related documentation.
- Performs customer service functions: provides information to individuals regarding pool policies, procedures, programs, fees and other issues; responds to questions/complaints and initiates problem resolution. Maintains a comprehensive, current knowledge of applicable policies and procedures: maintains an awareness of new methods, equipment, and trends in the profession; participates in continuing education and in-service activities; attends meetings, in-service, and training sessions as appropriate.
- Processes a variety of documentation associated with department/division operations, within designated timeframes and per established procedures: receives and reviews various documentation, including service reports, chemical testing logs, class rosters, and incident reports; reviews, completes, processes, forwards or retains as appropriate; prepares or completes various forms, reports, correspondence, and other documentation, including chemical testing logs, flyers, and incident reports; compiles data for further processing or for use in preparation of department reports; and maintains computerized and/or hardcopy records.
- Operates or uses various equipment (such as chair pool lift) and supplies in order to complete work assignments: operates and maintains pool vacuum, chemical testing kit, and other equipment; operates a personal computer to enter, retrieve, review or modify data, utilizing word processing, Internet, e-mail, or other software; and operates general office or other equipment as necessary to complete essential functions.
- Communicates with supervisor, other employees, the public, and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, or resolve problems.
- Must have valid CPR Certifications
- Must have valid Lifeguard Certifications