Atlanta, GA 30303
Summary of Position
Functions as the single point of contact for all customer service needs relating to the usage and functionality of the Learning Management System (LMS). Responsible for implementation of LMS components, ongoing maintenance and administration of the LMS for the Department. Conducts LMS-specific training for staff and contract employees. Operates as the point of contact for the staff for resolving issues/questions related to the LMS and for feedback concerning functionality and future enhancements of the LMS. Gathers data and performs analysis based on customers' needs.
Skills, Knowledge, and Attitude
- Must possess
- strong customer service skills
- the ability to communicate technical information to customers
- experience setting up classroom and e-learning course offerings to learners
- knowledge of adult learning techniques
- Must be able to
- manage time effectively
- interact effectively with customers possessing different levels of technical abilities
- set up and edit assignments in the LMS
- enroll and instruct registrants to self-enroll in available courses
- run standard and customized reports for multiple audiences
- gather, organize and analyze data and communicate the results to customers
- Must be an experienced user MS Office including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Must know how to use SPSS or other data analysis software
Role and Responsibilities
a) Serves as the single point of contact for LMS issues
b) Coordinate with the OHR department to ensure all new hires are entered into the LMS. Be able to manually enter new employees in the system if needed. Check with the local HR department to get status of employees who are reported as " no longer employed" to confirm HR paperwork is completed and the matter is not a PeopleSoft upload issue.
c) Verify job duties and positions of new employees and assign job function, based on the position
d) Maintain close working relationship with local department heads to ensure employees with designated job functions are receiving and completing the required training.
e) Verify correct training is being delivered in a timely manner to new employees as part of the New Employee Orientation program and troubleshoot discrepancies.
f) Check weekly with OHR to ensure that all contract staff requiring training are entered into or removed from the LMS as required.
g) Ensures no duplicates of employees are found in the LMS. Employees moving from agency to State employment an vice versa should be flagged and transcripts should be merged into the LMS.
h) Schedule classes in the LMS for instructor-led and e-learning courses based on the schedule provided by the Training Program Administrator.
i) Register students for classes as required
j) Provide reports to the Training Program Administrator of classes completed that require grading by the training staff.
k) Export training reports to Excel to filter, format, and sort providing appropriate detailed reports to departments heads/administrators.
l) Create courses/groups/assignments for training specific to the needs of the agency
m) Create learning events for training completed outside of the LMS. Learning events are used for training not scheduled as a classroom activity or tested within the LMS.
n) Provide end user training as needed on usage and functionality of the LMS.
o) Provide a monthly report of all trainings completed through the LMS.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor' s degree in Instruction Technology or related field. Experience may substitute for degree.
- At least three years of experience working as an LMS Administrator
- At least one year experience using data analysis tools (SPSS, Excel, SAS, etc.)