Atlanta, GA 30354
The Instructional Designer provides instructional and course design expertise in the development, design, and assessment of strategies and materials to support online and hybrid learning programs. The incumbent also works collaboratively with other development team members, leadership, and subject matter experts in the production of online courses. Leads online course design and development projects. This position is remote for now.
- Develop high-quality eLearning content, including courses, videos, animations, voiceovers, and job aids, in alignment with branding.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to identify the target audience s training need, design and develop eLearning content, and create engaging eLearning activities.
- Use course authoring tools, animation software, and graphic design software to develop visually appealing and creative self-paced learning modules, microlearning content, and videos.
- Distill complex ideas into appealing graphics and stories using creative, simple copywriting.
- Test and problem-solve functionality of all online courses in LMS staging environments.
- Conduct quality assessment for existing eLearning content.
- Provide feedback for improvements.
- Partner with synchronous training developers to create hybrid learning programs.
- Manage eLearning projects to ensure timely turnaround of deliverables.
- Measure effectiveness of eLearning deliverables to ensure they meet the goals of the project.
- Maintain project documentation and course content folders.
- Provide technical support to end-users for eLearning inquiries.
- Three (3) years of related work experience in an adult learning or corporate training environment
- Bachelor s degree
- Proficient use of authoring tools, such as Articulate Storyline 360 and Captivate
- Proficient use of animation tools, such as Vyond, Powtoon, and Prezi
- Proficient use of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects) to develop digital media
- Basic HTML, HMTL5 programming experience
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, and audio and video scripts
- Excellent grammar, spelling, and punctuation skills
- Knowledge of adult learning theories for curriculum development
- Experience with Saba or Cornerstone learning management systems
- Knowledge of ADA accessibility requirements for eLearning and web content