Human Resources Specialist 2
Atlanta, GA 30303
- Collaborate with managers on a regular basis and identify staffing needs and requirements for vacant positions.
- Assist hiring managers with job descriptions
- May participate on panel interviews.
- Develop creative job advertisements to attract candidates by using internal job boards, social media, etc. Contacting recruiters, using newsgroups and other job sites.
- Screen applicants using our ATS system and referring qualified candidates to hiring managers within established time frames.
- Conduct regular follow-ups with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruitment.
- Provide guidance to management on recruitment best practices and strategies.
- Respond to routine questions from customers regarding HRPASS.
- Establishes and maintains contacts at colleges and universities, public and private sector agencies, and other appropriate entities.
- Maintain an on-going file of interview questions.
- Provide weekly updates to supervisor regarding assigned requisitions.
- Monitor relevant practices and provides technical assistance to ensure compliance with legal requirements, policies and procedures and best practices.
- Analyze data and trends and makes recommendations to enhance operational, recruitment and retention processes.
- Perform other professional responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience with recruiting, technical recruiting a plus.
- Proven candidate sourcing and relationship building skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Bachelor' s degree from an accredited college or university AND Two (2) years of related experience in human resources.
Preferred Qualifications: Preference will be given to candidates who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, demonstrate some or all the following skills/experience:
- Experience with systems to include but not limited to PeopleSoft HRMS, GA Breeze, and Team Georgia Careers.
- Experience working with applicant tracking systems.
- Experience working in public sector in a HR Specialist, Generalist, Analyst, Technician role.
- Professional HR Certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP) or other HR certifications.
- Experience working in a fast-paced HR office environment and supporting multiple business clients.
- Excellent written and communication skills.