HR Tech 1
Atlanta, GA 30303
Under direct supervision, learns to enter and process personnel and payroll transactions. Compiles and files employment reports. Searches files and furnishes information to authorized persons.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Calculates and initiates payroll computations/deductions and other data into computer system
- Completes employment entry process for new employees
- Coordinates hiring processes, ensuring all required forms are completed and all clearances are obtained
- Enters and verifies personnel transactions
- Processes and issues employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions
- Processes enrollments/ changes and responds to questions regarding the benefit programs
- Provides information to agency staff regarding transactions or other personnel related issues
- Provides information to employees and others on payroll matters, tax issues, and benefit plans,
- Resolves personnel transaction problems
- Reviews and processes personnel and/or position transactions
- Schedules and monitors the sorting and distribution of employee paychecks
- Verifies attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records
- Receives additional training, as required, to gain full proficiency and experiences in all areas
High school diploma or GED AND Six months of experience performing human resources related functions OR High school diploma or GED AND One year of post-secondary education at an accredited college or university.
In addition to entry qualifications may be added by the agency.