HR Background Technician
Atlanta, GA 30303
- Collects and compiles Criminal Background Checks (CBC' s).
- Reviews the CBC' s for accuracy.
- Initiates, reviews, and provides briefings on criminal background results
- Confirms educational achievement.
- Creates and maintains background report.
- Serves as Point of Contact for internal customers and external vendors.
- Maintains ongoing and current communication with hiring authorities and applicants.
- Performs other professional responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced, stressful environment while effectively and accurately managing multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Ability to develop and make presentations on behalf of organization.
- Ability to demonstrate effective active listening, critical thinking, and group facilitation skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction.
- Proficiency in working with established database programs and generating reports.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and/or standard software applications typically used in a corporate office environment.
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university.
- High school diploma or GED AND Two (2) years of experience performing human resources related functions.
Preference will be given to candidates who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, demonstrate some or all the following skills/experience:
- Work experience in Human Resources within a corporation environment or governmental entity.
- Experience using PeopleSoft and other automated tools.
- Exposure to recruitment and onboarding processes.