Swainsboro, GA 30401
Employee will perform work associated with landscape and grounds keeping. Employee will be responsible for edging, weed eating, collecting and disposing of sticks, pinecones and other landscape debris, and for collecting and disposing of trash from campus exterior waste receptacles. Employee may be required to work alone and without direct supervision. Employee may be assigned other duties as required by the Department.
- Weed Eating
- Blowing of sidewalks and roadways
- Picking up sticks and pinecones/raking
- Installing Pine straw
- Planting Landscape plants
- Trimming Trees and Shrubs
- Collecting and Disposing of Trash and other Debris
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of proper use and maintenance of landscape grounds equipment (weed eater, edger, backpack and hand held blower).
- Knowledge of best practices for performing major duties.
The director assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with productivity, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Specific training related to safety and environmental concerns will also serve as a guideline.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work is not complex but is detail-oriented.
- The purpose of this position is to provide general labor for the maintenance of campus grounds.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, students, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work is performed outside.
- The work is typically performed in extreme weather conditions (hot, cold, wet, dry, dusty).
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with this type of work.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with someone who has had a similar position for one year.
- Someone who is a licensed driver in the State of Georgia.
- Someone who has excellent eyesight, hearing, and manual dexterity.