Marietta, GA 30060
The Groundskeeper is responsible for landscaping and maintenance of the grounds.
- Responsible for all landscaping and grounds maintenance needs.
- Follow planned designs to determine where to plan or lay sod.
- Operate large power lawn mowers, edges, hand tools, and large vehicles associated with ground maintenance and landscaping.
- Troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance to equipment such as but limited to: large power lawn mowers, edges, hand tools, backhoe, bobcat, excavator, and large vehicles associated with ground maintenance and landscaping.
- Mow grass, and trims weeds.
- Plant seeds, bulbs, foliage, and mulch; place pine straw around trees and buildings.
- Apply herbicides and pesticides; treat grounds for mosquitoes, fire ants, and other insects.
- Collect trash and debris for disposal.
- Shovel and remove snow and ice from designated areas such as sidewalks, parking lots, and entryways.
- Assist in the maintenance of parking lots and other surfaces including asphalt repairs.
- Cares for established lawns.
- Assist custodians as necessary when weather and seasons permit down-time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of different grasses and the requirements for fertilizer, water and weed control
- Knowledge of grounds keeping and horticulture practices
- Knowledge of the operation, maintenance and repair of grounds maintenance equipment such as but not limited to, large power lawn mowers, edges, hand tools, backhoe, bobcat, excavator, and large vehicles associated with ground maintenance and landscaping
- Skill in inspecting equipment before use and ensure equipment is in good repair and operating correctly
- Ability to make improvements and minor repairs to sidewalks, parking lots, sheds and benches
- Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions
- Knowledge of safety guidelines and skill in the use of cleaning tools and supplies
- Oral, written, and computer skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid GA driver license
- No experience required
- One (1) year of experience in grounds maintenance
- Ability to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy items (up to 50 lbs. Unassisted), bending, standing, climbing and walking
- Ability to withstand a variety of indoor and outdoor environmental conditions.
- Frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling; reaching above shoulder level; fine finger dexterity.