Augusta, GA 30912
Candidate must have skills in negotiation, decision-making, communication, analysis, and a strong business sense. Microsoft Office Suite experience preferred. Candidate must also have an associate' s or bachelor' s degree in a business or health care-related field.
Departmental Requirements - Knowledge, Abilities, Skills:
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other computer software/databases
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
1 year of buying experience
This position will review, price input and source purchase orders, Purchasing using established software and practices to purchase medical supplies and equipment. Candidate may be required to work some evenings and weekends.
- Negotiate purchases with vendors
- Issue purchase orders for supplies/equipment
- Assist with negotiating of contracts with vendors
- Match purchase orders with invoices and verify delivery schedules
- Stay knowledgeable of pricing and industry trends, such as special taxes levied on medical devices, GS1 supply chain standards, and other universal tracking methods for equipment and health care supplies
- Communicate frequently with external customers and internal departments
- Coordinate purchases with outside groups