Alpharetta, GA 30009
- Inspect trucks prior to beginning routes to ensure safe operating conditions.
- Refuel trucks and adds other necessary fluids, such as oil.
- Fill out any needed reports for defective equipment.
- Drive to disposal sites to empty trucks that have been filled.
- Drive trucks along established routes through residential streets and alleys, or through business and industrial areas.
- Operates equipment that compresses the collected refuse.
- Operate automated or semi-automated hoisting devices that raise refuse bins and dump contents into openings in truck bodies.
- Dismount garbage trucks to collect garbage and remounts trucks to ride to the next collection point.
- Communicate with dispatchers concerning delays, unsafe sites, accidents, equipment breakdowns, and other maintenance problems.
- Keep informed of road and weather conditions to determine how routes will be affected.