Purchasing Assistant 3
Decatur, GA 30033
Under broad supervision, receives, stores, and issues property and supplies. Manages property and inventory control and prepares related reports.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas
- May supervise and/or direct the work of others
- Assures compliance with purchasing laws, storage rules, regulations and procedures
- Checks purchase orders for accuracy, completeness, and clarity
- Collects bids and may screen to determine most cost efficient
- Coordinates the purchase of equipment, services and supplies from establishing vendors
- Engages in receiving, storing, and shipping all types of materials and supplies
- Processes field purchase order
- Reviews requisitions to verify if merchandise is contracted
- Screens, receives, stores, inventories and distributes surplus property
Bachelor' s degree from an accredited college or university OR Associate' s degree from an accredited college or university AND One year of experience in material management OR Three years of experience in materials management OR One year of experience at he lower level Purchasing Asst 2 (FET041) or position equivalent.
In addition to the Entry Qualifications, Preferred Qualifications may be added by the agency.
***Note: The above job description represents the general nature, primary duties and responsibilities, and qualifications for the work performed by employees within this job, but is not a comprehensive and exhaustive list. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned, and specific duties, responsibilities, and activities within the core nature of the job may change at any time with or without notice. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, as specified by the employing entity, with or without reasonable accommodation.