Human Resources Technician
Swainsboro, GA 30401
This position provides administrative support for the college s human resource functions.
- Processes job postings and employment applications through the online applicant tracking system; maintains applicant data in compliance with Affirmative Action standards; schedules applicant interviews; works with directors/supervisors, and interview panels regarding job posting/application/hiring process; transitions job postings through the online applicant tracking system workflow; ensures that communications regarding the status of postings are communicated online and verbally as needed; provides support to search committee during the selection process.
- Maintains recruitment folders and ensures all required documentation is received.
- Assists HR Coordinator II with conducting reference checks.
- Provides support to applicants regarding applicant tracking system and applicant status.
- Obtains quotes and posts positions with outside agencies.
- Upon approval, processes and completes personnel action requests and other payroll data changes in the PeopleSoft HRIS system in a timely manner.
- Assists with training and assigning general work/tasks to Human Resources student workers.
- Demonstrates and assists new employees with new hire training and with annual training of employees.
- Maintains master sheet of employee training records i.E. VISTA Ethics and FERPA.
- Assists with preparing Personnel Action Requests, uploads and sends copies to VP for Business Affairs and Payroll.
- Assists new employees in the completion of required documents; verifies new employee documentation; enters new employee paperwork; assists them with obtaining student card, parking hangtag; provides brief introductions to current employees; provides information about campus, and transitions them to their reporting department.
- Maintains appropriate level of new employment packets for full- and part-time employees.
- Assists with posting student employment opportunities to the web site and processes new student employee documentation and data.
- Assists Human Resources Coordinator I with student employment applications and ensures appropriate verifications are received.
- Assists with sending out communication materials to managers/supervisors regarding student employment deadlines, procedures, and events.
- Scanning and indexing of personnel file and other identified files.
- Files, answer phones, take messages, email correspondence, greets visitors, and provides appropriate assistance.
- Updates office forms as needed.
- Enters work requests and calendar requests for department.
- Assists Human Resources Coordinator with TAP processing.
- Assists with Human Resources audits.
- Processes I-9 information via the E-Verify system in a timely manner, and retains copies of authorization.
- Processes background checks through the online background processing system.
- Coordinates with IT personnel to establish new employee accounts and changes to accounts.
- Prepares and issues employee id badges.
- Prepares and maintains personnel files.
- Assists with Benefits Fairs.
- Assists with orders and maintains office supplies.
- Upon approval, processes departmental requests and check requests.
- Prepares and maintains informational flyers.
- Notifies director of any questions, problems or concerns.
- Maintains office equipment.
- Delivers and retrieves departmental mail.
- Performs other related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of human resources principles and practices.
- Knowledge of college and system job search and selection processes.
- Knowledge of modern office practices.
- Skill in the use of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
The Director Human Resources or Human Resources Coordinators assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include employee benefits policies, college policies and procedures, and department policies. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work consists of related administrative duties. Strict regulations contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support for the human resource functions of the college. Success in this position contributes to the efficiency, effectiveness, and regulatory compliance of all human resource operations.
- This position requires a high level of confidentiality and the employee will be required to abide by all College Policies and procedures regarding confidentiality.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, students, benefits providers, job applicants, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to provide services, to give or exchange information, or to resolve problems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table, or while intermittently sitting, standing, or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
- Assigns work in terms of general instructions to Student Employee(s).
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one year.
- Prior work experience in Human Resources.
- Prior work experience in a confidential setting.