Human Resources Coordinator
Lawrenceville, GA 30043
Start Date: Tuesday, February 06, 2018
Location: Lawrenceville, GA 30043
Pay Rate: TBD, depends on experience
Reporting directly to the Associate Vice President of Human Resources this position will often serve as the first line of contact for employee requests therefore, positive customer service focus is a must. The HR Coordinator will provide general administrative support to the AVP of HR. Additionally this position will cross train to help assist as needed with responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: recruiting, compliance, policy administration, performance management, organizational development, HRIS, employee relations, training and development and compensation. The incumbent in this position will interact regularly with various levels of students, faculty staff, candidates, and external resources on behalf of the customer.
Physical Demands: Sitting, Bending, Hearing, Listening Kneeling, Squatting & Lifting - up to 10 pounds Pulling, Pushing, Reaching overhead, Repetitive hand motion (such as typing) and Talking
Assist with HR onboarding process including program preparation, new hire packets and event planning, etc.
Assist AVP with general budget management including tracking of expenditures for the department and monthly reconciliation
Manage all office supply and travel on behalf of the department. Ensure appropriate compliance with policy and budgetary guidelines
Support onboarding and compliance related to student employment including verification of background clearance, I-9 verification and e-verify completion
Provides administrative support for faculty and staff contracts as needed
Provide general assistance with personnel file management including maintenance, creation, and filing; including periodic archiving of older inactive files in accordance with records keeping regulations
Assist with employee relations and communications initiatives as requested
Answer the phones and direct callers to appropriate departmental resources
Ensure the HR Receptionist area is attended to and all visitors or employees are greeted
Perform routine internal audits to ensure accuracy and compliance with policy and applicable laws and regulations (i.E., departmental records, personnel files, etc.)
Assist in the enforcement of compliance with employment policies, laws and regulations
Assist with processing of terminations including accurate and timely separation letters, offboarding packets, and exit interview scheduling
Assist with new hires, data changes and terminations in HRIS as needed
2-4 years previous experience in an HR support role
Excellent verbal and written communication skills is essential
Must maintain extreme confidentiality of employee and institutional records
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Other duties as assigned
Current CORE Performance Management Competencies
1. Integrity: Ability to maintain high-level social, ethical, and organizational norms. Ability to firmly adhere to codes of conduct, ethical principles, policies, and laws.
2. Accountability: Can be relied upon to ensure that action items within areas of responsibility are completed in a timely manner. Ability to monitor activities and take corrective action when necessary.
3. Continuous Improvement: Ability to take action to improve existing conditions and processes. Ability to use appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implement solutions, and measure impact.
4. Respect: Exhibits consideration for self and other s thoughts, ideas, opinions, and beliefs. Interacts appropriately with all members of the campus community with full respect to individual characteristics.
5. Collaboration: The ability to work effectively with others to achieve organizational goals.