Financial Reporting Manager
Atlanta, GA 30303
The financial reporting manager assists in managing the preparation and distribution of quarterly and annually issued financial reports. They are responsible for managing the specialized use of accounting techniques to compile, analyze and document financial statements and quarterly or annual reports. They also recommend and implement accounting policies and procedures.
The position performs specialized tasks and operates on an enterprise scope. Enterprise scope jobs work with numerous state agencies and other reporting organizations daily.
- Prepare the financial statements and footnotes of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), the Budgetary Compliance Report (BCR), and other statewide financial reports.
- Responsible for managing key sections of the CAFR, BCR, and other statewide financial reports.
- Responsible for the research and development of accounting procedures, policies and accounting directives which integrate Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Governmental Accounting Standards, statutory accounting requirements, and departmental fiscal policies and procedures.
- Assist management in ensuring timely compliance with evolving accounting guidance, and assist with providing interpretations and implementation of new standards in a comprehensive manner.
- Seek new opportunities and lead the implementation of financial reporting process improvements
- Assist senior management with financial reporting issues on a timely basis.
- Manage special projects as identified and assigned by management.
- Coordinate communications to reporting organizations and auditors as needed.
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting procedures, financial reporting practices, and
- governmental accounting
- Ability to prepare accurate accounting entries and adjustments and perform mathematical computations accurately using
- database principles and/or computerized accounting applications
- Ability to analyze administrative and technical problems and formulate improvements or solutions
- Ability to confer with state officials and federal representatives on problems which affect or are affected by the accounting system