Budget Analyst 2 (Intermediate Level)
Atlanta, GA 30303
$22.64 per hour
Duration: 6 month intervals
40 hours per week, 30 minute lunch breaks
Under general supervision, develops, prepares, analyzes and/or revises budgets and supporting schedules for assigned organizations or program areas. Performs review and analysis of budget program and policy issues, analyzes financial trends or proposed legislation and recommends appropriate courses of action to management.
Performs expenditure analyses and prepares budget-related financial summaries and recommendations for management review.
Skills and Abilities
Microsoft Excel and Word
Ability to utilize a financial system (PeopleSoft, SAP, Quickbooks, JD Edwards)
Ability to analyze data in financial reports
Ability to follow directions and follow through on assignments and tasks
Ability to cultivate effective working relationships
Professional and positive attitude
Willingness to learn
Bachelor s degree in public administration, business administration, accounting, finance or related field from an accredited college or university AND four years of fiscal analysis experience.
1. Position needed for 6 months or possibly longer
2. Works closely with OBA staff to learn specific system and project requirements.
3. Reviews and analyzes case notes to determine required next steps based on established decision tree.
4. Updates case action data on OBA computer system.
5. Updates data on Excel spreadsheet to track case actions.
6. Periodically reports progress to assigned Team Lead.
7. Good critical thinking and decision making skills required.
8. Proficiency in the use of MicroSoft Office Suite to include Excel required.