Accounts Receivable Accountant
Decatur, GA 30037
Primary responsibility is serving as the Accountant 1 for high volume Accounts Receivable processing.
Ensuring all accounting policies are being followed in accordance to GAAP, federal and state guidelines.
The selected candidate must be able to produce timely, relevant and accurate financial reports for the agency and our attached agency, under the direct supervision of the Accounts Receivable Team Lead.
- In addition to the primary responsibilities, the candidate must be able to:
- Process account receivable transactions in TeamWorks Financials
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to setting up receivables.
- Process check, ACH and Wire deposits
- Ensure customer details are accurate and respond to all customer inquiries.
- Assist with researching miscellaneous receipts and provide feedback to the AR Team Lead.
- Must be proactive, detail oriented and maintain high work quality standards.
- Have the ability to prepare spreadsheets and queries for review and presentation to supervisors.
The selected candidate must have critical thinking skills and be proactive. They must also be able to multitask and prioritize workload during annual financial reporting and year-end audit preparation. This position requires strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
Training on our systems and policies will be provided.
Completion of an Accounting degree from an accredited college or university
Associates degree in Accounting from an accredited college AND two years of professional accounting experience
Bachelor' s degree in a business curriculum which included completion of introductory and intermediate accounting sequence from an accredited college or university AND three years of professional accounting experience.
In addition to the minimum qualifications, preference will be given to applicants that possess one or more of the following:
- Completion of a Bachelors degree in accounting from an accredited college or university
- At least 2 years of professional accounting experience.
- At least one year of working in Accounts Receivable.
- Experience using Teamworks Financial or any other Oracle based accounting system.