Trauma-Informed Counselor Assistant
Alto, GA 30510
Job Summary: The Trauma-Informed Counselor Assistant works collaboratively with trauma informed therapists to support female offenders. The candidate also administers and coordinates the services/program activities under the scope of the Returning Citizens Supportive Services Grant.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides an array of client services as identified by the Trauma Informed Therapist(s)
- Supports the mission statement and ensures that services are provided with fidelity
- Serves as the grant program manager to coordinate, monitor, and evaluate grant activities
- Serves as the point of contact staff and community stakeholders to ensure the effective delivery of program services
- Maintains confidentiality of records related to client s treatment
- Monitors, evaluates, and records client progress according to measurable goals described in treatment care plan
- Prepares and maintains all required treatment records and reports
- Utilizes a variety of software applications in the development or design of documents and visual aids to meet agency needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
Master s degree from an accredited college or university AND Two years of related experience OR Bachelor s degree from an accredited college or university in a related fields AND Four years of related experience OR One year of experience at the Behavioral Health Counselor 2 (HCP101) or position equivalent. Note: some positions may require specialized certification.
Experience working with diverse populations and an understanding of trauma-informed practice. Two years of experience in human services delivery, which includes direct client interaction, arranging services and coordinating support activities, conducting assessments, and assisting with case management activities. Experience in conducting professional trainings and/or presenting training materials. Advanced level experience utilizing Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Excellent attention to detail and team oriented. High level of customer service skills.