Milledgeville, GA 31061
Under direct supervision, the maintenance helper assists one or more workers in the skilled maintenance trades by performing specific or general duties of lesser skill. The incumbent will perform in a shop or field work site environment in which mechanical equipment operated is loud, and some pieces of equipment have exposed moving components.
- Keeps workers supplied with materials and tools.
- Cleans the work area, tools, and equipment being used
- Uses hand trucks, carts, or related apparatus to move or transport parts, equipment/materials
- Gathers and holds materials/tools being used
- Performs certain machine operations or parts of a maintenance task under supervision.
- Performs other maintenance helper related duties as directed
- Must be capable of using hand tools in a safe manner
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds (anything heavier requires two people or mechanical assistance), regular handling, grasping, kneeling, standing, climbing, carrying
- Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine
- Must be capable of effectively communicating verbally
- Must be capable of understanding and following oral and written instructions
This position involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work.