Responsibilities include direct and overseeing all or one of the following accounting functions: general accounting payroll and cost accounting. Requires a bachelor' s degree in a real of specialty with at least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Candidate will report to top management.
- Supervises accounts receivable and payroll staff in the management and performance of all day-to-day activities of the accounting, payroll and cash management activities
- Executes monthly and year-end close according to best practices and requirements as prescribed by the State Accounting Office
- Coordinates annual audits
- Analyzes, records and interprets financial transactions in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Governmental Accounting Standards, statutory accounting requirements, and departmental fiscal policies and procedures
- Monthly review/reconciliation of all accounting records including treasury allotment/appropriations and bank statements
- On an ongoing basis, but at least monthly, prepare/update and present cash flow analysis to ensure adequate cash is maintained in the bank especially prior to the end of month payroll
- Work with management team (HR and Operations) to ensure Labor and Accounts Payable subsidiary ledgers are reconciled monthly. Issues MUST be identified by you at the monthly " Fiscal and Accounting Review" meetings
- Work with Operations to ensure monthly reconciliation of AR and Billing
- Provides professional guidance and assistance in the resolution of complex accounting/financial problems and serve as lead for all financial reporting issues on a timely basis
- Monthly, provide a full reporting of revenue, accounts receivable, and financial reporting activity, including trial balance analysis
Preferred: CPA with proven success in prior state position.